The Bard's Grove

"There are times when people need stories more than they need nourishment, because the stories feed something deeper than the needs of the body."
Charles DeLint, The Onion Girl


Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Re-Storying the World: The Wind Calls My Name

 

The Wind Call My Name


Osiris teaches us how to think like a river, how to think like an ecosystem of interconnection. We need to make decisions from the standpoint of relationships, rather than the fictional idea of isolated species. As we think differently, pray differently, we might just be able to hear differently, too. Suddenly, one day, the river overflows, and the fields explode in laughter.

(Sophie Strand, Osiris: The Original Green Man)


                                                                        Cooper Hawk


The Wind calls my name today. 

 Looking up, I see a graceful arc of Wing, dancing with my Wind.

 He’s hooked me now!

 I see wings outstretched on a downdraft to the green field in front of me.

 In the cloudy light, I see Blue under wings. And think.  

Perhaps it’s a seagull

Then my eyes remember to look up, and I see his hawk wings circling, circling, preparing himself to descend in a quick strike. 

He falls through the wind, coming up in an inverse arc, with a little mouse in his claws. 

With an exultant cry, he wings away to the North. 

On his River of Wind. 

 

Another thing we have to remember about AIR and WIND is that 1) we need air to survive -- our breath of life.  And 2) air carries SOUNDS.  

It is the very air that speaks our name. 

No comments:

Post a Comment